Mills's rendering of the New London Custom House facade
One of the treasures of the Custom House Maritime Museum and its Frank L. McGuire Maritime Library is the portfolio of Robert Mills's original 1833 renderings. The facade was altered somewhat when the building was constructed, 1833-35, the pediment replaced by a commanding horizontal cornice.
Framed full-size copies Mills's drawings are on display in the entrance hall of the Museum that has been created on its two floors since ownership of the building was conveyed from the federal government to the New London Maritime Society in the early 1980s.
Frank L. McGuire Maritime Library